OliKrom, the growth of a deeptech
Expert in color intelligence, OliKrom has been designing innovative pigments for more than 6 years, custom-built to provide concrete solutions in many sectors. OliKrom‘s adventure begins with more than 15 years of fundamental research conducted by Jean-François Létard at the Bordeaux Condensed Matter Chemistry Institute (ICMCB), a CNRS research laboratory. He filed several patents around color intelligence, and created the company in 2014.
Today, after severals years of technological maturity, OliKrom masters the intelligence of colors and produces color-shifting paints, inks, master batches at industrial scale. OliKrom operates in all industrial sectors; aeronautics, space, food, cosmetics, medical … The programming of color changes allows you to create indicators of safety, compliance, or authenticity, …
OliKrom found in Nouvelle-Aquitaine Region an ideal surrounding for the development of its activities with the support of the Regional Council, BPI (Public Bank for Investment) and Bordeaux Unitec center of technology. The development of OliKrom is co-financed by the European Union with the European Regional Development Fund and by the ADEME agency (with the “Road of the Future” Program).
OliKrom joined a rich and dynamic ecosystem through
- the UP GRADE New Aquitaine regional start-up accelerator
- the Bordeaux Unitec center of technology
- the New Aquitaine Development and Innovation Agency (ADI)
OliKrom in few dates
- 1998 – The OliKrom® colour-shifting pigments are mastered at laboratory scale.
- 2005 – A patent is internationally filed. This is the first of a long series.
- 2009 – The technologic transfer unit OliKrom is created to go along with the maturation of this new generation of smart materials.
- October 2014 – OliKrom Company is created to design and to produce color-shifting paints, inks, master batches.
- December 2014 – OliKrom concludes its first fundraising of 300 k€ with Starquest Capital and Pertinence Invest to begin the industrialization of its smart products.
- December 2017 – OliKrom completes a second fundraising of 4.5 M€ with Starquest Capital and BPI France to accelerate industrial and commercial developments.
- July 2018 – OliKrom inaugurates its industrial site on Pessac (33, France) which includes the head office, the R & D center and the production unit.
- 2019 – OliKrom launches the marketing of LuminoKrom photoluminescent road paint which lights up at night to secure mobility.
- 2021, the team is expanding to support the arrival of new products on the market.