Do you want to develop a product?
We exploit the intelligence of colors to replace a material while preserving its original color, to optimize a product by improving its lightfastness, or to add a new functionality...
Let's review your product, its performance or its design together!
Recreate the color of a matrix identically
The pigment charge at the origin of the color of your product can become problematic for regulatory, technical, economic or resource depletion reasons.
Our mastery of color and its components allows us to replace the targeted material in the composition of your product, while preserving the original color that represents the identity of your brand on its market..
- Our R&D teams will first characterize the color, then break it down into physical properties of spectral distribution of wavelengths, opacity, brightness, etc. Then, we recreate the material through molecular engineering. Each of the components will be optimized within a single material (by successive alloying), or even a mixture of single pigments selected, for example, for their natural resources.
Rethinking a product to address environmental issues
Do you want to limit the impact of the heating of a product in the sun? The problem of heat islands represents a major environmental challenge for the construction industry, with new market opportunities to conquer.
One of our strengths is our multidisciplinary approach. This alchemy between materials science and photochemistry allows our research teams to rethink the architecture of a product. Depending on the nature of your project, we optimize the albedo of materials, the coefficients of reflectivity, absorption, emission, etc.
Some customer requests lead us to create materials with so-called "cold" colors, to limit as much as possible the interactions with the sun and its consequences on the heating of our cities in summer.
Optimize the product performance
- To optimize the light fastness of a material (matrix), we first study the degradation processes using our equipment: accelerated aging chambers, climatic chambers, etc. The analysis of these data allows us to identify the solution. Then, we rethink the design of the material to optimize the new product: modify the pigment, propose a matrix and/or add additives to block the photodegradation process.
- To enhance the luminescent properties of an object, we need to rethink the photochemical cascade involved during the excitation and relaxation processes. We adjust the respective positions of the various excited states to optimize the fluorescence and/or phosphorescence quantum yields as well as the day and night color rendering. This approach is performed at the pigment scale but also within the matrix for maximum optimization.
Add a new feature to an existing product
Are you planning to redesign a product or a concept that has already proven in the past? Smart materials offer multiple opportunities to introduce functionality, to revisit a product, to give it a second life.
The integration of an intelligent material allows the product's color to become adaptive to its environment, for example an electric toaster that becomes sensitive to temperature to indicate excessive heat and a risk for a child.
We adjust the optical properties of materials on demand. Depending on market expectations, we develop coatings that are reactive to temperature, light (photochromic and luminescent), pressure, and the presence of a solvent or gas.
Your innovation, research or marketing departments are the best to describe the desired effect, the market need, customer expectations, the target, the product line.
Based on this information, we will work together to develop the specifications for your project. Our experts in materials science and photochemistry will be able to define achievable objectives while taking into account your deadlines and create the desired functionality.
In all discretion, we accompany the improvement of your existing products.
From proof of concept to industrialization
Today, we accompany the innovation process of customers on a national and international scale.
We regularly transform ideas into intelligent products and our teams are used to interacting with the research, innovation, marketing, purchasing, legal and quality departments.
- Our Research Department adjusts detection thresholds, reversibility (or irreversibility), optical properties (color, luminescence...),
- Our Process Department adapts the matrix to your industrial requirements (viscosity, drying time, composition, tinting, etc.),
- After development, our factory ensures the production from kilo to ton/day and the quality of our products is controlled at each step.