The OliKrom team has just completed a training session on maintaining skills in First Aid.
As a reminder, in May 2016, the OliKrom team received training from the French firefighters to learn first aid. This two-day initial training allowed us to learn simple actions through scenarios: how to warn emergency services, protect a victim, what actions to take while waiting for emergency service, etc.
It is appropriate for everyone to be trained in the first aid actions ! Facing a person in danger, having the right reflexes can sometimes save a life. We must act and often we do not know how? But every minute counts!
OliKrom chose to train his team in First Aid, to better anticipate the emergency, and know how to react. 40% of our workforce is thus able to intervene in case of accident in professional life.
Thank you to the Departmental Union of Firefighters of Gironde who provided this training in our premises.
Emergency measures against chemical risk
In the event of an incident or accident involving one or more chemicals, OliKrom staff and management are trained to respond quickly and appropriately. Emergency measures must be consequently defined in advance and known all.
As a reminder, the emergency measures must specify in particular:
- action to take in the event of a chemical accident,
- alarm and warning systems or other communication systems to be used, for triggering rescue and evacuation operations,
- people to contact (emergency services, occupational doctor, work nurses, first aid workers, line managers),
- rules for limiting access or evacuation of staff to be applied in case of accident,
- first aid and personal protection equipment to use.
All these rules are intended to:
- be applied at the accident site without substituting for subsequent medical care,
- limit the consequences of the accident not only for the victim but also for the other people present and for the environment,
- facilitate the intervention of the emergency services.
Emergency measures should be made available to internal and external intervention services.
The team in charge of security will be fully active over the next months. The OliKrom team will have to build all its emergency measures plan in connection with the settling down in the new premises of our Pessac production plant