The OliKrom team has just completed a training session on maintaining skills in First Aid.
Since the creation of OliKrom, we have decided to focus on risk prevention by placing the safety of our teams at the center of our industrial strategy.
Thus, since May 2016 (link to article), every year the team has been trained by the French Fire Brigade to learn/consolidate first aid techniques. This initial (or refresher) training of two days allows to put into practice simple first aid gestures through simulations: how to warn the emergency services, protect a victim, what gestures to perform while waiting for the arrival of the emergency services, etc.
It is appropriate for everyone to be trained in the first aid actions ! Facing a person in danger, having the right reflexes can sometimes save a life. We must act and often we do not know how? But every minute counts!
OliKrom chose to train his team in First Aid, to better anticipate the emergency, and know how to react. 40% of our workforce is thus able to intervene in case of accident in professional life.
Thank you to the Departmental Union of Firefighters of Gironde who provided this training in our premises.
Emergency measures against chemical risk
In the event of an incident or accident involving one or more chemicals, OliKrom staff and management are trained to respond quickly and appropriately. Emergency measures must be consequently defined in advance and known all.
As a reminder, the emergency measures must specify in particular:
- action to take in the event of a chemical accident,
- alarm and warning systems or other communication systems to be used, for triggering rescue and evacuation operations,
- people to contact (emergency services, occupational doctor, work nurses, first aid workers, line managers),
- rules for limiting access or evacuation of staff to be applied in case of accident,
- first aid and personal protection equipment to use.
All these rules are intended to:
- be applied at the accident site without substituting for subsequent medical care,
- limit the consequences of the accident not only for the victim but also for the other people present and for the environment,
- facilitate the intervention of the emergency services.
Emergency measures should be made available to internal and external intervention services.
The next few months for the team in charge of safety will be rich in activity. Our quality process involving safety is part of a continuous improvement process, particularly with the production of new products at our plant in Pessac (33, France).